I love making lists. I think it’s my get it done, mark it off, don’t forget it, stay on top of it personality. Most of my lists don’t get completed or end up in a pile of papers somewhere. But, I at least I try. 🙂 Here is my first “list” … a collection of things I love. The 7 : Kitchen Registry Ideas. Enjoy!
Registry shopping was such a fun experience. It was like shopping without the guilt of spending money! We have such generous family and friends and got a lot of really great gifts. Here are a few of my favorite gifts for the kitchen.
1. Crate and Barrel Marin Dinnerware in White. Love this for everyday and the color mixes and matches with everything! I didn’t want to be committed to one color pallet or theme. I wanted something that could be used for all occasions and would allow me to mix in fun serving and seasonal pieces. I recommend registering for the 4 place setting set as well as additional individual pieces. This way you give a range of prices. Some people may want to go in together on a gift (the bigger purchase) while others will want to spend a little less. Variety is key!
2. Digital Measuring Cup. This does standard liquid measurements by volume but also has a digital scale for weight measurements. It’s a great 2 for 1 item! Any kitchen gadget that has more than one use is awesome. I use this a lot for baking but also for portioning other ingredients for cooking (meats, for example).
3. Digital Oil & Candy Thermometer. If you are like me and heating up a big pot of oil on the stove scares the crap out of you, then you need this. I had a non-digital version that I would us but this guy allows you to set the temperature for lots of preset items (for frying or candy making) and beeps when you are at the right temp. I feel much safer knowing my oil isn’t too hot. You must still use common sense, but you knew that.
4. Clark Flatware. Matte finish. Nice heavy weight. Good size. Perfect for everyday and coordinating with modern kitchens.
5. Wine Rack. I love these. They are inexpensive and look really great when you hang 2 or more together.
6. Milk Frother. We. Love. Coffee. This amazing milk frother was a little indulgent but the great thing about wedding gifts is sometimes you can indulge. I use skim milk during the week in my coffee and save the heavy 1/2 & 1/2 for the weekends. The frother takes skim milk and makes it wonderfully warm and frothy. Makes me feel like I’m cheating just a little : )
7. Burr Coffee Grinder. This burr grinder stores a lot of beans and grinds at different levels. It’s great for having freshly ground coffee everyday. So easy!
What are some of you favorite registry items?